1994-09-20 - Re: Scienter and all that stuff

Header Data

From: jamesd@netcom.com (James A. Donald)
To: cactus@bb.com (L. Todd Masco)
Message Hash: eef035055ce16f553bcae7f494cff2dd6e7321b939f018faf50cb3d2c72a0a38
Message ID: <199409202222.PAA03485@netcom8.netcom.com>
Reply To: <35nh2h$37i@bb.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-09-20 22:26:06 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 20 Sep 94 15:26:06 PDT

Raw message

From: jamesd@netcom.com (James A. Donald)
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 94 15:26:06 PDT
To: cactus@bb.com (L. Todd Masco)
Subject: Re: Scienter and all that stuff

L. Todd Masco writes
> I don't think it's nearly as black & white as you suggest:  Our systems
> are not monolithic and some consitutional and democratic principles do
> still have some sway.  Noam Chomsky discusses this when he talks about
> reasons for optimism.

Of course Noam Chomsky is optimistic - he favors limitless and absolute
state power and the forcible and violent silencing of all those who
deviate from political correctness.

If I was campaigning to make a the US a totalitarian terrorist
state, I would be full of optimism.

Thread