1994-10-03 - Re: List of reliable remailers

Header Data

From: Istvan von Keszi <vkisosza@nucleus.com>
To: Raph Levien <raph@CS.Berkeley.EDU>
Message Hash: 7ccc838e8222de0f67ecacbcfcea25ed580ff744a282b865d4031596cad34cce
Message ID: <Pine.BSI.3.90.941003125455.23080B-100000@bsdi.nucleus.com>
Reply To: <199410031350.GAA04690@kiwi.CS.Berkeley.EDU>
UTC Datetime: 1994-10-03 19:13:33 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 3 Oct 94 12:13:33 PDT

Raw message

From: Istvan von Keszi <vkisosza@nucleus.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 94 12:13:33 PDT
To: Raph Levien <raph@CS.Berkeley.EDU>
Subject: Re: List of reliable remailers

On Mon, 3 Oct 1994, Raph Levien wrote:

>    I have written and installed a remailer pinging script which
> collects detailed information about remailer features and reliability.
>
>    To use it, just finger remailer-list@kiwi.cs.berkeley.edu

Thanks Raph.  This is very helpful for those of us who are code
handicapped.  This is very helpful as a general guide.

Unfortunately, I've found that the information that it provides does not
help me with remailer reliability.  I've seen a remailer that supposedly
has a latency of 8 or 9 hours, actually delay 24.

This makes your script fairly ineffectual.

You can't do diddly with bad data ...

--
Istvan.

Thread