1994-10-06 - Re: No Guts, No Glory

Header Data

From: “David M. Harvey I” <warrior@infinet.com>
To: John Young <jya@pipeline.com>
Message Hash: 7f77b6c0aeb669c1e83e806fff06249b4e6ee36e8d790ce89725440c346c0a50
Message ID: <Pine.3.89.9410061651.A11644-0100000@rigel>
Reply To: <199410061857.OAA07536@pipe1.pipeline.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-10-06 20:49:26 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 6 Oct 94 13:49:26 PDT

Raw message

From: "David M. Harvey I" <warrior@infinet.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 94 13:49:26 PDT
To: John Young <jya@pipeline.com>
Subject: Re: No Guts, No Glory

On Thu, 6 Oct 1994, John Young wrote:

> Responding to msg by warrior@infinet.com ("David M. Harvey I")
> on Thu, 6 Oct 12:3  PM
>
> >****************************************************************
> |No Guts, No Glory, No Honor, No Victory, Pillage, Plunder, and
> Take Heads!|
> >****************************************************************
>
> Dave's sig and nom de guerre is taking a beating in today's NYT
> where there is a story about the US military carefully planning
> to avoid casualties in warfare.

I find it appalling that the military was prevented from doing what was
right, ie., defending civilians from tyrants, murderers, and despots.
I fault the politicians for their lack of guts, pride and integrity for
the delay, allowing atrocities right in front our warriors with their
hands tied behind their back.  If they were going to commit military
force, stand back and let them do their job right.  We have allowed
political cowardice to emasculate our military might.  Personally I found
myself as a Vietnam Veteran embarrassed when a group of attaches
(hooligans) turned away a US gunboat.

> It also reports that the brave white collars in think tanks
> think it's a terrible prospect because then no one will believe
> that the US is tough, and tough minds know that "casualites are
> inevitable".
>
> And how will healthy young men and women be taught guts, honor,
> victory, and so on by periodically turning a bunch of them and
> their foes into salsa and crispy critters for evening news
> adulation.

Damn the media and their libertarian, bleeding heart views, if you know
to do right and fail to do so, evil will grow.  I cannot defend going
there in the first place, but once sent they were commmited to do right.
I have a problem with the US being a world policeman, and I also feel
that the NSA, NRO, FBI, CIA do not have the right to treat every man jack
of us as criminals by invading our privacy by means of key forfeiture in
order to catch kiddie pornographers, pedophiles, drug lords, and other
criminals.  If we all had our guns, encouraged famaily values, developed
neighborhood block watches, these criminals would have no where to hide
and the LEA would have no excuse to trample on our rights of privacy.

> But Dave can still show his humorous sig in a VA abattoir of
> mangled ex-warriors if he really wants to enjoy the sad
> communion of misled youngsters.

John, I do not fault the misled younsters, but the politicians that use
the media polls to make US foreign policy, and national security.

BTW John, Harvey means "called to war" or "warrior", all of my male
progeny were soldiers, policemen, preachers and mercenaries, I can do no
less than encourage real men to stand tall, be proud, do right, and not
be cowered by tyrants, foreign or domestic.

Obviously, you keyed on my tagline, but did not address the rights of the
individual of privacy and self protection, and not turning over to big
brother lock, stock and key.  Even animals have the right of self defence
to further self preservation even including deadly force, where does big
brother get off by taking away our guns, treating us as criminals with the
cliche, you have nothing to fear or hide if you have not done anything
wrong.  This presumes I have done wrong already, the LEA are just trying
to treat law abiding citizens as criminals, not to preserve or protect,
but to get evidence by any means without a warrant, sounds like the
British are here again.

Dave
___
|No Guts, No Glory, No Honor, No Victory, Pillage, Plunder, and Take Heads!|
| Dave M. Harvey                            PGP 2.61 Public Key available. |
| PO Box 151311              	            Finger warrior@infinet.com.us  |
| Columbus, OH 43215-8311    	            dharvey@freenet.columbus.oh.us |

Thread