1994-11-30 - Re: Sign-or-delay

Header Data

From: eric@remailer.net (Eric Hughes)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 02e08aee3783e53626ae45c3868460a3fad25941ddee852a9b206c03f224d4dd
Message ID: <199411300809.AAA10521@largo.remailer.net>
Reply To: <9411300425.AA21554@anchor.ho.att.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-11-30 07:10:39 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 29 Nov 94 23:10:39 PST

Raw message

From: eric@remailer.net (Eric Hughes)
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 94 23:10:39 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re:  Sign-or-delay

   From: wcs@anchor.ho.att.com (bill.stewart@pleasantonca.ncr.com +1-510-484-6204)

   Well, it's easy to require people to include PGP signatures.

And, as I've said, that's not what I'm talking about.

   On the other hand, how carefully were you planning to make your
   system check signatures - does toad.com have the spare cycles
   to validate them all, or are you really going for syntax only?

Well, I was going to do syntax only, because the real benefit is in
changing local software architecture to make automatic any operation
on outgoing mail.  If that operation is encryption, so much the
better, but the larger strategic goal is to alter architecture.

Eric

Thread