1994-11-18 - Re: Cash

Header Data

From: Don Melvin@marlin.ssnet.com
To: cypherpunks@toad.com (Cypher Punks)
Message Hash: 1017effb32b5068e6dcb58d426cfbdb3a1065a09460e58541ad8f693df76f569
Message ID: <9411182310.AA24811@marlin.ssnet.com>
Reply To: <m0r8aJK-0005VhC@powergrid.electriciti.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-11-18 23:12:37 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 18 Nov 94 15:12:37 PST

Raw message

From: Don Melvin@marlin.ssnet.com
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 94 15:12:37 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com (Cypher Punks)
Subject: Re: Cash

The wise _Adam Philipp_ is known to have said...
>      The main problem with detecting the strips is that it is faily trivial
> to have a detector that will determine if some strips have gone through, but
> having one that detects with any accuracy would be difficult to manufacture
> and still keep paper currency proportionately cheap. I suppose
> mini-transmitters in the 400 or so $10,000 bills might not be too far
> fetched, but it seems ridiculous.

I though all the $10,000 had been accounted for.  Are there really some
left running around?  Any idea how much one is worth?  Last time I heard
of a $1000 going to auction, it sold in excess of $7000.
--
America - a country so rich and so strong we can reward the lazy
          and punish the productive and still survive (so far)

Don Melvin                  storm@ssnet.com                finger for PGP key.

Thread