1994-11-22 - Re: Admiral Inman

Header Data

From: frissell@panix.com (Duncan Frissell)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 3e6bdba518a74d684706748e334dc5da27e1e6321d92c7c0f1f941c2d04582db
Message ID: <199411221105.AA20849@panix.com>
Raw Date: Tue, 22 Nov 94 03:06:58 PST

Raw message

From: frissell@panix.com (Duncan Frissell)
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 94 03:06:58 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Admiral Inman

At 08:30 PM 11/21/94 EST, Jim Grubs, W8GRT wrote:

>> It does amaze me that what can be a victimless activity is such
>> a hotbutton.
>
>Drugs are victimless? What about crack babies, which cost a million
>dollars EACH in medical care, btw.

Just as I could not sue my parents for being dumb commies who would send me
to government schools (not that they are or did), I could not sue my parents
for using crack.  One takes one's parents as one finds them (at Common Law
in any case).

The medical care cost *can* be blamed on the government that exacts payments
for it.

DCF

Thread