1994-11-22 - Pentium bug and CRYPTO

Header Data

From: “Claborne, Chris” <claborne@microcosm.sandiegoca.NCR.COM>
To: cypherpunks <cypherpunks@toad.com>
Message Hash: 45b4d75ca4b2d49a77734ba6b8f1acd159402c975f0d8db9adc01a1d4540da7d
Message ID: <2ED0DE87@microcosm.SanDiegoCA.NCR.COM>
Raw Date: Mon, 21 Nov 94 16:29:46 PST

Raw message

From: "Claborne, Chris" <claborne@microcosm.sandiegoca.NCR.COM>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 94 16:29:46 PST
To: cypherpunks <cypherpunks@toad.com>
Subject: Pentium bug and CRYPTO

Will the following error (Re Pentium Floating Point Bug     Date: 15 Nov
1994)
cause problems with PGP key generation or any other normal operations with
PGP or other crypto.  I'm not a math mathmatics nerd but I know we generally

deal with big numbers.

   For all of you paranoids out there, YES this is a plot by NSA to weeken
our crypto capabilities, this is the only bug that we KNOW about :)

NOTE:  I'm currently not receiving cypherpunks mailing for some reason.  I'm
not
sure why, so please copy me on your posts.  (Hughes, have you had a chance
look at this?)

     Thanks!

                                        ...  __o
                                       ..   -\<,
chris.claborne@sandiegoca.ncr.com      ...(*)/(*).          CI$: 76340.2422
PGP Pub Key fingerprint =  A8 FA 55 92 23 20 72 69  52 AB 64 CC C7 D9 4F CA
Avail on Pub Key server.
PGP-encrypted e-mail welcome!

 -

> >>--
> >>Steve

> >>-----
> >>-
> >> I am in the field on the Outer Banks of North Carolina until 27
November.
> >> From 28 Nov - 4 Dec I will be on the Dream Cruise in the Atlantic.
> >> After the cruise I will go to AGU, and finally to Pullman about 8 Dec.
> >>

> >> Steve Elgar                            FAX :      (919) 261-4432
> >> Army Research Pier                     ATT :      (919) 261-1706
> >> 1261 Duck Road                         OMNET:     s.elgar
> >> Kitty Hawk, NC 27949                   internet:  elgar@eecs.wsu.edu

Thread