1994-11-18 - Re: Cash

Header Data

From: Don Melvin@marlin.ssnet.com
To: cypherpunks@toad.com (Cypher Punks)
Message Hash: 86f7aebe3d795e080e8ef7ed5a604333770ea173205c376b4190ede543962bbf
Message ID: <9411182243.AA23704@marlin.ssnet.com>
Reply To: <aaf2a8212f0210044af5@[130.214.233.9]>
UTC Datetime: 1994-11-18 22:45:49 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 18 Nov 94 14:45:49 PST

Raw message

From: Don Melvin@marlin.ssnet.com
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 94 14:45:49 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com (Cypher Punks)
Subject: Re: Cash

I got information from my Senator on the proposed new currency.  Not the
recent changes, but the new bills coming in a year or two.  He got it from
the Treasury (big letters across the top) but the FAX id info says DEA.

It mentions 'Machine Detectable Thread' and "Additional Machine-Detection
Features' but does not elaborate.

If it's machine trackable (I remember hearing about machine readable serial
numbers a couple of years ago) we can always set up cash exchanges.  Might
even be able to make a profit at it!
--
America - a country so rich and so strong we can reward the lazy
          and punish the productive and still survive (so far)

Don Melvin                  storm@ssnet.com                finger for PGP key.

Thread