1994-11-30 - Re: The Market for Crypto–A Curmudgeon’s View

Header Data

From: shamrock@netcom.com (Lucky Green)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 9f166e6f72e8db7cbb52983a6b310e0ec50487e66dc3110aa44514d2e892421a
Message ID: <199411301759.JAA05474@netcom10.netcom.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 30 Nov 94 09:59:13 PST

Raw message

From: shamrock@netcom.com (Lucky Green)
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 94 09:59:13 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: The Market for Crypto--A Curmudgeon's View

Sandy wrote:

>Here's my suggestion.  Eric should unilaterally impose his first
>step, i.e., all unsigned messages and messages with spoofed
>signatures will henceforth be flagged as such.  Let's see what
>effect, if any, that has on the way people post their messages.
>After the protocol has been in effect for some time, we can
>re-open the topic for further discussion.

It seems we have pretty much reached a consensus. Eric should implement a
way to flag un signend posts. [Loved the various headers in Eric's post.
They were real funny.] After this is implemented lets se how it works and
see what else should be done.

However, I agree that this is Eric's list and Eric's rules. If he decides
that it would be a Good Thing to incentivise us Cypherpunks to use more
crypto when posting to the list, he is free to do so with our without
anyone's consent.

-- Lucky Green <shamrock@netcom.com>
   PGP encrypted mail preferred.

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil
interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good." <George
Washington>

Thread