1994-11-30 - Re: “You aren’t following the rules!”

Header Data

From: john1941@itlabs.umn.edu (It’s Me! It’s Me!)
To: jrochkin@cs.oberlin.edu (Jonathan Rochkind)
Message Hash: eaef7312cbcd0e0ce5dcf50ac3c9536b2985b5e9ddd9708b936247a45dea7701
Message ID: <199411300419.WAA16803@moby.itlabs.umn.edu>
Reply To: <ab0128ce01021004740d@[132.162.201.201]>
UTC Datetime: 1994-11-30 04:19:42 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 29 Nov 94 20:19:42 PST

Raw message

From: john1941@itlabs.umn.edu (It's Me! It's Me!)
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 94 20:19:42 PST
To: jrochkin@cs.oberlin.edu (Jonathan Rochkind)
Subject: Re: "You aren't following the _rules_!"

> Have you used premail?  It pretty much does all of that.
> People still aren't using premail, either because they can't figure out how
> to install it (doubtful, it's not hard to install), or because they don't
> have a need for it that's great enough to justify the (minimal) time
> neccesary to ftp it and install it, or wait the (sometimes more painful)
> time neccesary for the computer to encrypt and/or sign your outgoing
> messages.

Well, personally this is the first time I've even _heard_ of premail..
(thank you for mentioning it) ;)

so, that's why _I'm_ not using it.. but more info would be appreciated..

a pointer to an ftp site, perhaps?

Thanks,
  from another one just lurking in the background...
			   Evan

Thread