1994-12-08 - Re: (Fwd) Read this, Virus info!!

Header Data

From: alano@teleport.com (Alan Olsen)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 05e2dd8e6a388c06286d7e0dd1bd0bff2cb7af4507f399c03ddf5ef26711603a
Message ID: <199412080554.VAA23477@desiree.teleport.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 7 Dec 94 21:54:22 PST

Raw message

From: alano@teleport.com (Alan Olsen)
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 94 21:54:22 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: (Fwd)      Read this, Virus info!!

>I have received two versions of this warning about "Good Times"
>virus, this one from mail list Design-L and a similar one from
>list Fiction-of-Philosophy.  Some forwarded headers have been
>removed from this version.
>
>Has anyone on c'punks got further info or comment?

Yes.  It is a hoax.  (I will obtain the debunking message fron one of the
virus echos if needed...)  It was designed to prey on the gulibility of AOL
users.  (You cannot make a mail message that will virus your system just by
READING it.  AOL does not have support for nam-shubs.)

|       "Encryption ROT13s your mind."            | alano@teleport.com   |
|"Would you rather be tortured by the government  | Disclaimer:          |
|forces or the people's liberation army?" -mklprc | Ignore the man       |
|   -- PGP 2.6.2 key available on request --      |  behind the keyboard.|

Thread