1994-12-03 - Re: PGP on a VAX

Header Data

From: Joe Turner <turner@telecheck.com>
To: Mark Rogaski <rogaski@phobos.lib.iup.edu>
Message Hash: 0f11e5ca7e0f6873e88e3e55dbe40e8418404a096312cc69a671a3931ec1f9a4
Message ID: <9412031858.AA22953@TeleCheck.com>
Reply To: <199412030109.UAA07622@phobos.lib.iup.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1994-12-03 18:57:48 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 3 Dec 94 10:57:48 PST

Raw message

From: Joe Turner <turner@telecheck.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 94 10:57:48 PST
To: Mark Rogaski <rogaski@phobos.lib.iup.edu>
Subject: Re: PGP on a VAX

According to Jeff at ViaCrypt, they have yet to start working on an
"official" version of PGP on the VAX.  However, if you get the source
code you will no doubt see the MMS and VAX assembly language files (*.MAR).

I attempted to get it to compile but couldn't.  You are going to have
to edit the files to add a few header files, even with the MMS file.
I was toying with the idea of starting to work on a port to OpenVMS
so it will run on an alpha, but there are some issues reguarding commercial
usage that I'm somewhat leery of (I use this account almost soley as a
personal account, yet the company pays for it...).  I've even stopped
using PGP several months ago for personal use until I can scrap up enough
money for a real-live-registered-professional copy.

Does anyone have any input as to ViaCrypts windows PGP application?  Is
this any good?

If you need any help, send me e-mail I'll be happy to do this for you.
I guess compiling code for someone else won't violate the license
restrictions.

--
Joe N. Turner		Telecheck International
turner@telecheck.com    5251 Westheimer, PO BOX 4659, Houston, TX 77210-4659