1994-12-11 - Re: Algorithm Example Question

Header Data

From: jamesd@netcom.com (James A. Donald)
To: eagle@deepthought.armory.com (Jeff Davis)
Message Hash: 20544ae3e9444461907c33c6ec8333c4fb624be642421b0becc1de5754232aad
Message ID: <199412110605.WAA15114@netcom9.netcom.com>
Reply To: <9412101839.aa24547@deepthought.armory.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-12-11 06:26:21 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 10 Dec 94 22:26:21 PST

Raw message

From: jamesd@netcom.com (James A. Donald)
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 94 22:26:21 PST
To: eagle@deepthought.armory.com (Jeff Davis)
Subject: Re: Algorithm Example Question

Jeff Davis writes

> What is the Knapsack algorithm and could someone please give me an example
> of it?  Is this single time key encryption?
>
> Thanks.

Well the main thing you need to know about the knapsack problem is
that crypto schemes based on the knapsack problem get broken with
depressing regularity.

We have the right to defend ourselves and our
property, because of the kind of animals that we        James A. Donald
are.  True law derives from this right, not from
the arbitrary power of the omnipotent state.            jamesd@netcom.com

Thread