1994-12-11 - Re: BofA+Netscape

Header Data

From: jamesd@netcom.com (James A. Donald)
To: marca@mcom.com (Marc Andreessen)
Message Hash: 324b96b64b4d08a050690a9cf5a02a98a66afa35d75765a373f7b1e42cb21a43
Message ID: <199412112308.PAA28264@netcom10.netcom.com>
Reply To: <199412112239.WAA24162@neon.mcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-12-11 23:09:19 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 11 Dec 94 15:09:19 PST

Raw message

From: jamesd@netcom.com (James A. Donald)
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 94 15:09:19 PST
To: marca@mcom.com (Marc Andreessen)
Subject: Re: BofA+Netscape

Amanda complained that Netscape pisses all over the
standardization committees.

Well guys, the victor has room to move.  It must come as a big
shock to Apple, Microsoft, and IBM, but reality is that Netscape
can set WWW standards and they cannot.

If they indulge the standardization committees by listening to
them first, and then deciding to ignore them, the committee
should be thoroughly greatful.

Marc Andreessen:

Hey Mark, you are at netscape.  Please, tell them about
Debug Windows.

Tell them that when debug windows issues a "Fatal Exit" error
message this means that Netscape has trashed internal windows
data, and that Windows may crash at any moment for any reason.

There are no benign "Fatal Exit" warnings.  If it does not
crash your system, it will crash a customers system.

I now have a policy of rebooting after every use of Netscape.

This really bad -- though not as bad as waiting for Mosaic.
to finish slooooowwwwwwwwwly loading some huge document.

We have the right to defend ourselves and our
property, because of the kind of animals that we        James A. Donald
are.  True law derives from this right, not from
the arbitrary power of the omnipotent state.            jamesd@netcom.com

Thread