1994-12-11 - Re: BofA+Netscape

Header Data

From: Rick Busdiecker <rfb@lehman.com>
To: Amanda Walker <amanda@intercon.com>
Message Hash: 3b73db5ed834bce2cb673f72906510a6efc18ea6ed8c6d250b1ae503e96951ab
Message ID: <9412111550.AA29913@cfdevx1.lehman.com>
Reply To: <199412110551.AAA19376@intercon.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-12-11 15:53:00 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 11 Dec 94 07:53:00 PST

Raw message

From: Rick Busdiecker <rfb@lehman.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 94 07:53:00 PST
To: Amanda Walker <amanda@intercon.com>
Subject: Re: BofA+Netscape

    Date: Sun, 11 Dec 1994 00:51:46 -0500
    From: Amanda Walker <amanda@intercon.com>

    It's my personal feeling that Netscape doesn't have the right talent mix to
    develop *any* Internet software, secure or not.

Well, I can't and won't attempt to speak to the overall mix of talent,
however I think that such a strong statement really needs to be
accompanied by some sort of an explanation.

For what it's worth, I have worked closely with one of the members of
Netscape's team and have continued to stay in touch with him over the
years since we worked together.  I'm quite confident of his stylistic
and technical abilities and I believe that he deserves better than the
unsubstantiated slam that you've delivered.

    Even Apple & Microsoft agree that Netscape is brain dead...

I'm assuming that you see agreement with Apple and/or Microsoft as a
positive.  That position is not universally held.

			Rick

Thread