1994-12-13 - Re: IPSP and Netscape

Header Data

From: jamesd@netcom.com (James A. Donald)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 3bf252f8a6bffc29c85e3b17d3271a4b69bcb5d92b9d8c6c9074cd6421aaa90d
Message ID: <199412132323.PAA06915@netcom10.netcom.com>
Raw Date: Tue, 13 Dec 94 15:25:53 PST

Raw message

From: jamesd@netcom.com (James A. Donald)
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 94 15:25:53 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: IPSP and Netscape

I wrote:
> > Eric and Perry have repeatedly used this method -
> > not only attacking a straw man, but lying outright
> > that their opponent has *explicitly* proclaimed
> > the straw man.
> >
> > I am thoroughly sick of this dishonest debating
> > tactic.
> >
> > If someone genuinely believe his opponent assumes
> > or implies something that is obviously false he
> > should say "implies" or "assumes"
> >
> > To say "claims" or "states" is to say something completely
> > different.

Perry E. Metzger writes
> We're sick of you inventing facts, but of course, you'll just claim
> we've been doing that.

I will provide an example:  Will you?

You wrote:
> You claim we haven't done anything and Netscape has.

Where did I claim that?

That is an example of a fact that you invented.  Now
provide an example of a fact that I invented.

We have the right to defend ourselves and our
property, because of the kind of animals that we        James A. Donald
are.  True law derives from this right, not from
the arbitrary power of the omnipotent state.            jamesd@netcom.com

Thread