1994-12-12 - Re: Real-time surveillance of the police

Header Data

From: Rich Salz <rsalz@osf.org>
To: owner-cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 4af95d23c397b0933ce4310e93ff31694d5ac74ce189e9bf370ec3e8e88f4000
Message ID: <9412120802.AA11196@sulphur.osf.org>
Raw Date: Mon, 12 Dec 94 00:06:45 PST

Raw message

From: Rich Salz <rsalz@osf.org>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 94 00:06:45 PST
To: owner-cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re:  Real-time surveillance of the police

>After the Rodney King incident, I had the notion, (which I did not act on
>to actually promote, I'm sorry to say), that organizations representing
>people that feel persecuted by the law could issue disposable cameras to
>all there members.

A couple of years ago, when he was getting one of the first Rebok
international humanr rights awards, Peter Gabriel talked about how one
of the organizations he is affiliated with was planning on doing exactly
this kind of thing.  If you think about it, it's not unlike the driving
thrust of Amnesty International.

Thread