1994-12-14 - Re: BofA + Netscape

Header Data

From: sdw@lig.net (Stephen D. Williams)
To: perry@imsi.com
Message Hash: 54a456594a27cb68710a603adaf3c7427ae81f5b248c01469e330e1f94bb2ea9
Message ID: <m0rHjdy-0009xvC@sdwsys>
Reply To: <9412131845.AA12626@snark.imsi.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-12-14 07:35:30 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 13 Dec 94 23:35:30 PST

Raw message

From: sdw@lig.net (Stephen D. Williams)
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 94 23:35:30 PST
To: perry@imsi.com
Subject: Re: BofA + Netscape

> Imagine if someone proposed Bass-O-Matic today, however. Well, we have
> better technologies than SSL today -- IMPLEMENTED AND AVAILABLE -- so
> they aren't pioneering -- they are going retrograde.
>
> Perry

It's too bad that Mosaic used Motif.  If it hadn't I think we would have
seen continued development by the rest of the community.

I'm going to make a point to see how far the tcl/tk folks got with
their www browser and see if pgp could be grafted onto it.
(Or something along those lines.)  Any interested collaborators?

Note that part of the reason I'm interested is that it looked like
there would eventually be a Windows tk version, which would be
fantastic.  (Just looked: there is a version available for windows,
but not sure if winsock support is there yet.  Also, lots of
widgets would need to be included in the executable to make it
feasible.)

Is there an obvious reason that pgp's normal message encoding method
couldn't be used as the encryption/authentication technique?

sdw
--
Stephen D. Williams    25Feb1965 VW,OH      sdw@lig.net http://www.lig.net/~sdw
Senior Consultant      510.503.9227 CA Page 513.496.5223 OH Page BA Aug94-Dec95

Thread