1994-12-12 - Re: Real-time surveillance of the police

Header Data

From: doumakes@netcom.com (Don Doumakes)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 62e96fae0bfe1be0816a04ae74af8607fea2b5b636e1a1a9d3cfd45da7fbdbf9
Message ID: <199412121820.KAA08206@netcom11.netcom.com>
Raw Date: Mon, 12 Dec 94 10:21:56 PST

Raw message

From: doumakes@netcom.com (Don Doumakes)
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 94 10:21:56 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Real-time surveillance of the police

The technology of monitoring location is interesting, of course, but why
on earth would the police, who will not consent to civilian review, ever
go along with something orders of magnitude more extreme?

ObCrypto/Privacy:  I suspect there would be an immense amount of radio
traffic involved in keeping track of a substantial group of people, say,
over 1000.  I don't doubt the ability of the device(s) to transmit the
information, but the ability of the receivers to digest it all in real
time.

Don Doumakes             Finger doumakes@netcom.com for PGP public key

Foxpro databases built to your specifications.  Email me for details.

Thread