1994-12-04 - Re: gambling machines

Header Data

From: mccoy@io.com (Jim McCoy)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 687b904c8587a6ea97d9b6c9bba3d1c1275e505188d4030f56cf59e14f5b06c8
Message ID: <199412042331.RAA10196@pentagon.io.com>
Reply To: <199412042307.RAA04560@jpunix.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-12-04 23:31:47 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 4 Dec 94 15:31:47 PST

Raw message

From: mccoy@io.com (Jim McCoy)
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 94 15:31:47 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: gambling machines

> Has the list ever discussed online gambling?  I'm curious if anyone's
> ever tried to combine something like magic money with something like a
> simulation of a slot machine, using a coin-toss type protocol to ensure
> the machine isn't rigged.

For people with beta digicash clients, try http://gamezone.io.com/

IAs far as a real system goes, you will never see on running on a machine
in the US in the near future; in addition to the regulatory BS involved in
making magic money useful you would run into all kinds of wonderful
gambling laws and regulation.

jim

Thread