1994-12-21 - Re: GUI: PGP vs novices

Header Data

From: Dave Horsfall <dave@esi.COM.AU>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 68f22ebb315d473cb0250c0d24d1328b9f7a3eda7786dcd773a00b60b410b7b5
Message ID: <Pine.SUN.3.91.941222103753.18875F-100000@eram.esi.com.au>
Reply To: <Pine.SUN.3.91.941221124259.822A-100000@einstein.src.umd.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1994-12-21 23:38:11 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 21 Dec 94 15:38:11 PST

Raw message

From: Dave Horsfall <dave@esi.COM.AU>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 94 15:38:11 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: GUI: PGP vs novices

On Wed, 21 Dec 1994, Thomas Grant Edwards wrote:

> PGP has made me more crypto aware, but at this point neither I nor most of
> the crypto aware people I personally know feel there is a need to either
> encrypt or sign messages on a regular basis.  While this doesn't do great
> things for supporting crypto, it is simply reality.  DigiCash is a
> different situation of course - it is needed, and as soon as possible.

You'll think differently when you start seeing malicious forged messages
in your name, on a weekly basis...  Looks like I made an enemy or two.
(The forgeries stopped as soon as I started signing my messages.)

--
Dave Horsfall (VK2KFU) | dave@esi.com.au | VK2KFU @ VK2AAB.NSW.AUS.OC | PGP 2.6
Opinions expressed are mine. | E7 FE 97 88 E5 02 3C AE  9C 8C 54 5B 9A D4 A0 CD

Thread