1994-12-19 - Re: Name that phone (fwd)

Header Data

From: jrochkin@cs.oberlin.edu (Jonathan Rochkind)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 73d9fed4861277f931dfb154f30f9c4ade930669b80d3aefcead149b79b077cb
Message ID: <ab1aea8206021004c753@[132.162.201.201]>
Raw Date: Sun, 18 Dec 94 23:46:03 PST

Raw message

From: jrochkin@cs.oberlin.edu (Jonathan Rochkind)
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 94 23:46:03 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Name that phone (fwd)

At 2:26 AM 12/19/94, Samuel Kaplin wrote:
>More names will probably follow.

Um, could they maybe not follow to the cypherpunks list?  Phil asked people
to send suggestions to him with a particular subject. He didn't ask people
to send them to the cypherpunks list.   I hope I'm not being overly annoyed
here, but I just don't particulary relish the thought of 10 posts a day for
the next two weeks composed of suggestions for what to call Phil's crypto
phone.

Then again, I guess they aren't too much worse then 50 posts a day about
the merits of MIME, or whether Mosaic Communications is Evil Incarnate or
Just Good Capitalists.  But best of all would be to have neither those
posts nor posts saying "Hey Phil, how about 'Phil's Sooper Kean-o  War3z
D00d Ph0n3'? (PSKWDP) Cool, right?"

Thread