1994-12-19 - Re: Name that phone

Header Data

From: witter@utdallas.edu
To: Philip Zimmermann <prz@acm.org>
Message Hash: 7fc558924ff19c27b643fbe9e22ef628c215ab8d42d8ea74fa2a92eb2773cc30
Message ID: <Pine.SUN.3.91.941219010358.22992B-100000@infoserv.utdallas.edu>
Reply To: <m0rJY60-0002N6C@maalox.ppgs.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-12-19 07:57:45 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 18 Dec 94 23:57:45 PST

Raw message

From: witter@utdallas.edu
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 94 23:57:45 PST
To: Philip Zimmermann <prz@acm.org>
Subject: Re: Name that phone

Cryptriloquist- crypto & ventriloquist

SFS-            Safe Fone System

Zimmerphone

Tapestry- reference to weft & warp of Individual threads

Social Security- Only seems fair that we should have something of that
name that is functional.

murmur

The Village Voice

Echo- The nymph whose unrequited love for Narcissus caused her to pine
away until nothing but her voice remained.

phonetiquette- phone, phonetic, & etiquette

Re-Voice

Babbler- a tape recording of several dozen voices talking at the same
time, used as an antibugging device to make private or
secret conversations inaudible to eavesdroppers.

New Obiter Dictum (NOD)- An incidental remark or observation; a passing
comment.

Phone DeBug (PDB)

AIWWA- As if we were alone

 :o- or your emoticon of choice, it would be the first software to be
 titled under a non-alphabetical symbol.

My question is if/how this new software would work between modems.

 : Paper_Soldier :

Thread