1994-12-02 - Re: Brands excluded from digicash beta

Header Data

From: shamrock@netcom.com (Lucky Green)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 9cd9c262fb7dd306fbdfe219f49e31fd81d4b35de9236972f9debf51661e0e32
Message ID: <199412020704.XAA19579@netcom18.netcom.com>
Raw Date: Thu, 1 Dec 94 23:04:06 PST

Raw message

From: shamrock@netcom.com (Lucky Green)
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 94 23:04:06 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Brands excluded from digicash beta

Ralph wrote:

>I also have had no luck getting a beta client from digicash. I
>"registered" through their WWW forms page, and got no response for
>about a month. Then they sent me mail saying that they would be
>sending a client, but that they were unrolling it in stages. That was
>about a month ago. Perhaps this means I will get my client soon.
>
>This does not speak well for digicash. If they were not ready to beta
>their stuff, they should not have announced it. As it is, it makes
>them look like a flake.

Here is one possible explanation:
As their beta test agreement states, the beta software is not licensed for
use in the US. Some legal thing that I don't understand. A few US users are
part of the beta test, probably because they kept bothering the guy who
hands out the beta UID's early in the morning before he had his coffee.

I know that the people on this list have been advocating ecash long before
a sinlge line of code was written and that we all deserve an early try of
the software. I am forwarding this to some of the folks at DigiCash,
perhaps we can convince them to broaden the beta.

-- Lucky Green <shamrock@netcom.com>
   PGP encrypted mail preferred.

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil
interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good." <George
Washington>

Thread