1994-12-09 - Re: Moto Secure Clear digital?

Header Data

From: “Claborne, Chris” <claborne@microcosm.sandiegoca.NCR.COM>
To: cypherpunks <entropy@intnet.net>
Message Hash: cfe3ca72b3b460317573d9d981a3d1d37620654135d0b7853e3325afcc5fc0ed
Message ID: <2EE773EF@microcosm.SanDiegoCA.NCR.COM>
Raw Date: Fri, 9 Dec 94 00:27:26 PST

Raw message

From: "Claborne, Chris" <claborne@microcosm.sandiegoca.NCR.COM>
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 94 00:27:26 PST
To: cypherpunks <entropy@intnet.net>
Subject: Re: Moto Secure Clear digital?

   I got one a while back and I don't like it.  The range is poor and the
sound quality is not all that great.

   A novice newby can't break it but anyone with experience can.  I've seen
posts on how it works but can't remember.

   AT&T has some kind of security feature on their 900Mhz phone but I
haven't looked into it.

     2
 -- C  --

>From: Jonathan Cooper <entropy@IntNet.net>
 ---
>> I just got a second phone line, and decided that if I was going to get a
>2-line
>> phone it might as well be a good one, so I am considering a Motorola
Secure
>> Clear cordless 2-line phone with speakerphone. This will be quite an
>investment,so I was wondering whether the Secure Clear phones are digitally
>encrypted or
>> merely scrambled using some analog method. Anybody know about this? How
>secure
>> are these phones really? --Wes
>
>   As I understand it the system is a cheezy form of frequency
>inversion.  It'll stop your neighbors with a scanner, but that's about it.
>
>-jon
>
>( --------[ Jonathan D. Cooper ]--------[ entropy@intnet.net ]-------- )
>( PGP 2.6.2 keyprint: 31 50 8F 82 B9 79 ED C4  5B 12 A0 35 E0 9B C0 01 )

Thread