1994-12-28 - Re: Breaking into girlfriend’s files

Header Data

From: Black Unicorn <unicorn@access.digex.net>
To: Nesta Stubbs <nesta@nesta.pr.mcs.net>
Message Hash: db1ce2d3f0fe9cefdee4279488a29651e2c57bc28c700837e58ba6c51dd2d50d
Message ID: <Pine.SUN.3.91.941228172632.8014A-100000@access1.digex.net>
Reply To: <Pine.3.89.9412240818.A2926-0100000@nesta.pr.mcs.net>
UTC Datetime: 1994-12-28 22:29:27 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 28 Dec 94 14:29:27 PST

Raw message

From: Black Unicorn <unicorn@access.digex.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 94 14:29:27 PST
To: Nesta Stubbs <nesta@nesta.pr.mcs.net>
Subject: Re: Breaking into girlfriend's files

On Sat, 24 Dec 1994, Nesta Stubbs wrote:

> Date: Sat, 24 Dec 1994 08:43:07 +0000
> From: Nesta Stubbs <nesta@nesta.pr.mcs.net>
> To: Cypherpunks <cypherpunks@toad.com>
> Subject: Re: Breaking into girlfriend's files
>
> On Sat, 24 Dec 1994, Black Unicorn wrote:
>
> > You can only go two ways with this, either of which is self defeating.
> >
> > 1>  All potentially damaging information, by virtue of it's potential
> > "wrongful use" shall be banned.
> >
> > 2>  All information clearly going to be used for the "wrong purposes"
> > shall be restricted.
> >

> > There is simply no other way to restrict information as you propose.
> >

> How about simply giving the information if you feel like it, and
> witholding it if you don't.  And don't bother wether other people give it
> to him.  A simple individual choice wthout attempting to set guidelines
> for morality or any of that worthless shit.

You realize of couse this simply applies the individuals morality to the
problem.  It does not remove a subjective imposition.

Of course, I'm not going to argue that there is a duty to disclose
requested information, just understand exactly what is taking place here.

> i want to know everything          http://www.mcs.com/~nesta/home.html
> i want to be everywhere                     Nesta's Home Page
> i want to fuck everyone in the world               &
> i want to do something that matters         /-/ a s t e zine

073BB885A786F666 nemo repente fuit turpissimus - potestas scientiae in usu est
6E6D4506F6EDBC17 quaere verum ad infinitum, loquitur sub rosa    -    wichtig!

Thread