1994-12-22 - Re: Making sure a program gets to the receiver intact

Header Data

From: Jason Burrell <jburrell@crl.com>
To: an169306@anon.penet.fi
Message Hash: e875c3578958c13455063081207773ec8671ce6240fae7e7ebd40c8ac55bf283
Message ID: <Pine.LNX.3.91.941222125356.2943C-100000-100000@crl.com>
Reply To: <9412220711.AA21268@anon.penet.fi>
UTC Datetime: 1994-12-22 19:09:38 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 22 Dec 94 11:09:38 PST

Raw message

From: Jason Burrell <jburrell@crl.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 94 11:09:38 PST
To: an169306@anon.penet.fi
Subject: Re: Making sure a program gets to the receiver intact

On Thu, 22 Dec 1994 an169306@anon.penet.fi wrote:
> 2:  Someone breaking into my apt, sticking a keyboard monitor on, getting
>     my passphrase and key.

I'm quite concerned about that myself. Is there a way to tell if your
computer has been tampered with? Assume that looking at the case doesn't
do much good (they get by that easy), and if they want to hide the bug
they can. Voltage monitoring?

> Pardon the anonymous ID, as my reputation with my REAL user id is not
> so great.  (No, I am not Lance, but not that better off due to tons
> of dumb mistakes with my regular ID on this list.)

Ah. Glad you put in the "No, I'm not Lance" part. I was wondering when I
read that paragraph. :)

Thread