1994-12-13 - Re: Clarification of my remarks about Netscape

Header Data

From: “Amanda Walker” <amanda@intercon.com>
To: marca@mcom.com
Message Hash: eb7fe09e6299691dec3566a8cbc3d0cda1a3114f4a1e197d187b428909cf1d27
Message ID: <9412131124.AA32568@amanda.dial.intercon.com>
Raw Date: Tue, 13 Dec 94 08:23:57 PST

Raw message

From: "Amanda Walker" <amanda@intercon.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 94 08:23:57 PST
To: marca@mcom.com
Subject: Re: Clarification of my remarks about Netscape

> Amanda, we're not trying to push anything into the standards track.
> We're publishing SSL as an informational RFC, and we have
> separately submitted SSL as a proposal to the W3O working group
> on security (in parallel with SHTTP and a handful of other
> proposals).  Nothing is being pushed into the standards track.

Aha.  This was not particularly clear from my reading of the SSL spec and the
other stuff about SSL on your WWW server.  If you're just issuing an
informational RFC, then I have just become much less annoyed.

Amanda Walker
InterCon Systems Corp.

Thread