1994-12-02 - ERIK HUGHES: EGOTISTICAL PRICK

Header Data

From: anonymous-remailer@shell.portal.com
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: ff71e3a593e43f5df51b6d48d1de675c7770910ab912dab95d16de751ecfa46a
Message ID: <199412020536.VAA08584@jobe.shell.portal.com>
Raw Date: Thu, 1 Dec 94 21:36:12 PST

Raw message

From: anonymous-remailer@shell.portal.com
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 94 21:36:12 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: ERIK HUGHES: EGOTISTICAL PRICK

what is all this @#$%^&* about MANDATORY SIGNATURES ON THE
CYPHERPUNKS LIST? who is Eric Hughes, DOROTHY DENNING??? who
is going to force ME how to use cryptography??? a
CYPHERPUNK??? this is BULLSHIT. eric hughes is a TRAITOR TO
THE CYPHERPUNK CAUSE.

it's so transparently obvious, this is nothing but a big
ego ploy. "Look at me!!! I am cool!!! I have accomplished
virtually nothing substantial in any cypherpunk area for
a long time, all my major recent projects are failures that
have gone nowhere, I don't follow my own rules of
'code, code, code', not 'blather, blather, blather', and this is
one way I can stroke my ego and show off my utter brilliance
in the lack of anything useful!!!"

has he written one smidgeon of code to back up his ideas?
NO!!! he has philosophized and pontificated about his IDEAS
that he is PLANNING to put into code. frankly, I see absolutely
NO EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER of the perseverence required to build
a solid foundation in this noisy bozo.

he flames away against the people who are REALLY doing something.
what is this about "founding" the cypherpunks? no one is my
leader, I am not a part of a movement that takes credit for
MY hardworking accomplishments as glory for "founders".

why don't someone ask him why he went to go work with Chaum
a long time ago and CAME BACK. I'll give you a hint:
HE DIDN'T CUT THE MUSTARD. ask him why he hasn't graduated
from college!! hint: HE DIDN'T CUT THE MUSTARD. he is
paralyzed by his own perfectionism straightjacket, rather
than building SOMETHING that works haphazardly he builds
NOTHING that works AT ALL.

oh, so he built a remailer. BIG DEAL. what kind of brains
does it take to call sendmail with a message? to cut off
headers on a file? good lord, how many commands in SED is
this? so he wrote it in PERL??? *wow*, I am *really* impressed
now!!!

this is BS!!!! let's find a NEW LIST. a list is a COMMUNITY
PROPERTY. anyone who pulls this kind of prickery, insinuating
they are in the "bully pulpit", deserves
CYPERSPATIAL EXCOMMUNICATION for HIGH TREASON TO THE CYPHERPUNK
CAUSE of TOTAL AUTONOMY FOR THE INDIVIDUAL.

Thread