1995-01-13 - signature business for secure edit release announce

Header Data

From: tjb@acpub.duke.edu (Tom Bryce)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 09a1ecf6d42163a191ccbbc40fa0213348ad1f84a8da666e93fe0a31105a15d3
Message ID: <v01510104ab3bd86b254f@[152.3.113.8]>
Raw Date: Thu, 12 Jan 95 23:11:35 PST

Raw message

From: tjb@acpub.duke.edu (Tom Bryce)
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 95 23:11:35 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: signature business for secure edit release announce

I'm not going to waste any more bandwidth sending the announcement (sorry),
but here's how you can validate the signature if you'd like to.

If you'd like to verify the signature on the announcement for secure edit,
please finger me at tjbryce@amherst.edu. In my plan is contained the
announcement with a valid signature from Miyako Software's public key.

Even though I had "treat source file as text" selected, I think there must
have been left over some weird character in there that is not transmitted
through email properly. What I did to get the signature to validate was
place the announcement in my plan at amherst.edu, finger myself, copy the
signed announcement, detach the invalid signature with mac pgp, sign the
leftover text and copy just the resulting signature, log back onto amherst,
and I edited the plan.txt file, pasting the new signature onto where the
old signature used to be. FINALLY WORKED!

Sincere apologies for using THREE TIMES the bandwidth the message actually
needed, and not even getting it to work at that. Thanks to Bill Evans for
checking out the signature and noticing it was invalid.

Tom

Thread