1995-01-21 - Remailer In a Box available for beta testing

Header Data

From: sameer <sameer@c2.org>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 0e7a1767841efe4348fbf317203ac06207cebe52f22107cfb1dfd0d8387bd9c3
Message ID: <199501210142.RAA28133@soda.CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
Raw Date: Fri, 20 Jan 95 17:43:18 PST

Raw message

From: sameer <sameer@c2.org>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 95 17:43:18 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Remailer In a Box available for beta testing

	I finally got annoyed with Tim clamoring for a Remailer in a Box,
so I set it up just now... I just wrote it so there may be some problems
I haven't gotten rid of yet.

	If you want to run a remailer on c2.org:

1) Sign up for a shell account on http://www.c2.org/services/signup.html

2) Log into your account (via dialup [510-549-1383] or telnet [c2.org])
once it has been created.  (within a day.. I'll automate account creation
so it gets made within an hour soon, but right now I am doing it manually.)

3) If you wish, you can setup a .forward file to point to mailfilters
or to another account.

4) Run the program /usr/local/lib/boxed-remailer/install_remail. The
remailer will be installed, and non-remailed mail will be acted upon
according to how the account was setup before you ran the program.

5) Answer the questions, they should be pretty simple.

	Once an account is created there is a one week free grace period.
If you'd like to continue the account you can pay for it.

	If you have problems and suggestions, make sure you mail me, and
I'll fix it. This is still in beta testing, so if you have problems I won't
disable the account waiting for payment until the problems are fixed.

$10 for one month, $27 for 3 months, $45 for 6 months.
--
sameer                                          Voice:   510-841-2014
Network Administrator                           Pager:   510-321-1014

Thread