1995-01-24 - Re: Clinton’s Executive Order

Header Data

From: slowdog <slowdog@chewy.wookie.net>
To: N/A
Message Hash: 24fefb9654a8b1bc3b31583506ccbfe91a31cedce02d98c6bb27d893306418b7
Message ID: <Pine.LNX.3.91.950124155749.23538A-100000@chewy.wookie.net>
Reply To: <199501242054.MAA13425@sleepy.retix.com>
UTC Datetime: 1995-01-24 20:58:39 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 24 Jan 95 12:58:39 PST

Raw message

From: slowdog <slowdog@chewy.wookie.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 95 12:58:39 PST
Subject: Re: Clinton's Executive Order

On Tue, 24 Jan 1995, joshua geller wrote:

> >   Anyone know just what the International Emergency Economic Powers Act is,
> >   and what else a President could in theory do with it?
>
> the president can do just about anything he wants with an executive
> order. of course if he did certain things he would be likely to get
> impeached, or challenged in the courts.
>
> theoretically, what with being commander in chief of the armed forces,
> the president can do anything he wants up to and including the declaration
> of martial law.

Yes I understand all this. But what specifically is the IEEP Act?

- dog

Thread