1995-01-26 - Okay, okay!!!!

Header Data

From: sorr@roch0.eznet.net (Steve Orr)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 28f59a61b9c553fecc425f9d71a58159923f1cd839b328547103d478bff863db
Message ID: <199501261437.JAA21887@roch0.eznet.net>
Raw Date: Thu, 26 Jan 95 06:48:49 PST

Raw message

From: sorr@roch0.eznet.net (Steve Orr)
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 95 06:48:49 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Okay, okay!!!!

To all list subscribers:
  I get the picture.
  I apologize for lurching into your space, but I had good reason. I was
trying to track down a bit of information. I tracked it down. The
information was right. Now I'm done.
  Thanks to all of you who took a moment to explain to me what toad.com is.
As for those who took a moment for abuse, hey, I don't care. I'm a
journalist. Taking random abuse is part of my job description.
  As I mentioned above, I have verified to my satisfaction that someone
"borrowed" the machine that runs toad.com and used it to commence burrowing
into the computer space of Tsutomu Shimomura, the San Diego
computer-security expert who got cracked in late December.
  Is this a big deal? No, not really. It's a line or two in the story I'm
writing, which seeks to detail the scope of the intrusions. The story's not
intended to scare people. Nor is it intended to hype anything.
  It's just a story.
  So that's that. Again, sorry for intruding and thanks for the help.
  You can return now to your regularly scheduled programming.
Steve Orr,
at the f****** Gannett Rochester Newpapers

Thread