1995-01-01 - Re: Exporting cryptographic materials, theory vs. practice

Header Data

From: Matt Blaze <mab@research.att.com>
To: rishab@dxm.ernet.in
Message Hash: 2dadb79105cdb72b8508a41b862b1e1b70daf6649c78d0705a1712c2ded4118b
Message ID: <9501011723.AA12712@merckx.info.att.com>
Reply To: <gate.ZHT0Xc1w165w@dxm.ernet.in>
UTC Datetime: 1995-01-01 17:21:32 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 1 Jan 95 09:21:32 PST

Raw message

From: Matt Blaze <mab@research.att.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Jan 95 09:21:32 PST
To: rishab@dxm.ernet.in
Subject: Re: Exporting cryptographic materials, theory vs. practice

>Just which form did they sign, exactly? These procedures remind me of Feynman'
>refusal to sign more than 12 times during some government talk.

The license itself has a space for the customs people to "endorse"
each export/re-import.  Interestingly, I can't figure out how to
distinguish between the signature I got when I left and the one I
got when I came back.  There are just two signatures and stamps
on the back of the license, one dated when I left and one dated when
I returned.

Thread