1995-01-27 - Re: Wall Street Journal Article

Header Data

From: rah@shipwright.com (Robert Hettinga)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 32b7bf6091c871b42b0c775d08495247e7d9a3f546adb08d39e9cee0f062a8fe
Message ID: <v01510101ab4eced6779b@[199.0.65.105]>
Raw Date: Fri, 27 Jan 95 13:45:14 PST

Raw message

From: rah@shipwright.com (Robert Hettinga)
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 95 13:45:14 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Wall Street Journal Article

At 11:39 AM 1/27/95, Dale Harrison (AEGIS wrote:
>There was an interesting article in Thursday's Wall Street
>Journal calling for the end of anonymous communications on the Internet.
>It is on page B1 under the "Personal Technology" column and was written
>by Walter Mossberg (mossberg@wsj.com) who invites comment.

This Mossberg guy, to quote Mrs. Slocumb, really gets up my nose.

With apologies to the last flamewar's participants and MicroSquish
partisans, this bozoid monstrosity has historically demonstrated his
cluelessness and is living proof that no one got fired by buying IBM *and*
Microsoft.

Every few weeks this clown shows up on the Paper of Record for the
Plutocracy of the Planet and positively warps space with his inaccuracies.

He probably learned to code in COBOL. He probably calls a microcomputer a
"terminal".  He probably calls a server a "host". He probably even has grey
hair... ;-).

The brain bleeds. The mouth froths.

Somebody needs to feed this guy's email address to Detweiler with the "tip"
that he's a tenticle of someone around here who's actually cluefull ...

Cheers,
Bob Hettinga

Robert Hettinga  (rah@shipwright.com) "There is no difference between someone
Shipwright Development Corporation     who eats too little and sees Heaven and
44 Farquhar Street                       someone who drinks too much and sees
Boston, MA 02331 USA                       snakes." -- Bertrand Russell
(617) 323-7923

Thread