1995-01-22 - Re: Locksmith’s Guild wants limit on free speech

Header Data

From: pstemari@erinet.com (Paul J. Ste. Marie)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 3beb60704aee2fc52a5bf13a2581508ba66617221e156a70af797d124c6e560f
Message ID: <9501220430.AB13255@eri.erinet.com>
Raw Date: Sat, 21 Jan 95 20:39:40 PST

Raw message

From: pstemari@erinet.com (Paul J. Ste. Marie)
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 95 20:39:40 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Locksmith's Guild wants limit on free speech

At 10:59 AM 1/21/95, Timothy C. May wrote:
> ... Check out comp.org.eff.talk for discussion of how "professional
>locksmiths" are angry that "amateur locksmiths" (unlicensed, not real
>members of the Brotherhood) are using the Net to disseminate and
>discuss the Secret and Most Arcane Knowledge of the Guild.
>
>And alt.locksmithing is carrying the stuff. ...

I checked out alt.locksmithing, based on some commentary I saw over in
alt.current-events.net-abuse, and to be perfectly honest, there isn't really
all that much going on along these lines, certainly nothing on the order of
magnitude of the alt.religion.scientology crap.  One or two soreheads, but
by net.standards they don't even really qualify as significant flamers, and
a few (apparently) professional locksmiths who are talking about things in a
rather friendly fashion.

    --Paul J. Ste. Marie
      pstemari@well.sf.ca.us, pstemari@erinet.com

Thread