1995-01-06 - RE: Carol Anne - C’Punk Poster Person?

Header Data

From: Blanc Weber <blancw@microsoft.com>
To: dwomack@runner.utsa.edu
Message Hash: 49cff15b3d41aa507464475da5679bb8fcde0abfd738606c873ba5dd607be44d
Message ID: <9501062152.AA05672@netmail2.microsoft.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 6 Jan 95 13:51:51 PST

Raw message

From: Blanc Weber <blancw@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 95 13:51:51 PST
To: dwomack@runner.utsa.edu
Subject: RE: Carol Anne - C'Punk Poster Person?

From: Dave  <dwomack@runner.utsa.edu>

It occurs to me that Carol's problem may well be of
considerable interest to c'punks and free speechers
everywhere.  Not that I favor spam or it's derivatives -
but Cancelmoose and others define spam as *_50_* or
more groups, esp. without crossposting.

It occurs to me that Carol's problem is personal, that we don't know
all of the details, that the sysadmin responsible is in contact with
her and appears quite willing to communicate on the episode, to explain
to her the reason for the action taken as well as being willing to
provide to her opportunity to retrieve all of her email, etc. as well
as to talk to her new provider and explain once again the details of
the situation.

If the sysadmin's action was the result of regulation, then it would be
apropos for a wider range of interest, but it appears to be the
decision of an individual sysadmin acting on his own prerogative.
Objections could be sent to him personally, unless someone wanted to
make him answer to the list for his judgement and decision, and spend a
lot of time arguing with him about it.

Blanc

Thread