1995-01-07 - Re: SAN FRANCISCO EDITORIAL

Header Data

From: rishab@dxm.ernet.in
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 54ad518fa31db027168154fa72611dc24d9c6e6aeeea26e6b39c8365ae3d595c
Message ID: <gate.T1oDyc1w165w@dxm.ernet.in>
Raw Date: Sat, 7 Jan 95 03:08:58 PST

Raw message

From: rishab@dxm.ernet.in
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 95 03:08:58 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: SAN FRANCISCO EDITORIAL

Sandy posted Martha "Spam" Siegel's SF Chronicle editorial. If it boiled
anyone's blood quite enough to write a letter to the paper on both the author's
background as well as the unconstitutionality of her 'solutions', I'd be happy
to sign my name in support.

BTW while paranoia is good for C'punks, I don't see a hidden plot in the
recent media coverage of anonymity. The media likes 'hot' issues, and have
flogged the other one - kiddie porn - to death. Everyone from Newsweek to
The Economist mentioned pedophilia, simply because it grabs attention more
than global K-12 projects conducted over the net, just as anonymity grabs
more attention in relation to crime than to sexual abuse recovery groups.

Rishab Aiyer Ghosh                                "In between the breaths is
rishab@dxm.ernet.in                                  the space where we live"
rishab@arbornet.org                                        - Lawrence Durrell
Voice/Fax/Data +91 11 6853410
Voicemail +91 11 3760335                 H 34C Saket, New Delhi 110017, INDIA

Thread