1995-01-26 - Re: Clinton freezes U.S. assets of Mideast groups

Header Data

From: joshua geller <joshua@dee.retix.com>
To: datadec@cs.UCR.edu
Message Hash: 55aebeaf6c354032a7112ef6c71293c2f2e50c0704b243df779de449ff6d118e
Message ID: <199501260429.UAA14595@sleepy.retix.com>
Reply To: <199501260357.TAA07311@cs.UCR.EDU>
UTC Datetime: 1995-01-26 04:30:14 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 25 Jan 95 20:30:14 PST

Raw message

From: joshua geller <joshua@dee.retix.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 95 20:30:14 PST
To: datadec@cs.UCR.edu
Subject: Re: Clinton freezes U.S. assets of Mideast groups

Kevin Marcus writes:

>   Unfortunately, however, there are a lot of things that a lot of people
>   can't do in a unix system.  Unix is probably the most widely used
>   unfriendly cryptic, and complicated operating system today.  With the
>   upcoming of Linux, this will probably change somewhat in the future, but
>   until I can teach my secretary how she can use latex to type and print her
>   letters, we are going to be stuck with getting us whatever the bastards
>   at MicroSoft think we want.

well there is (or was) NeXTStep. always thought it was a pity that
didn't take off.

josh

Thread