1995-01-10 - Re: procmail: another question

Header Data

From: Adam Shostack <adam@bwh.harvard.edu>
To: jamesd@netcom.com (James A. Donald)
Message Hash: 588b8a98a1d38a47d1ef2248a5d02cdafa036d9c299dceb860f562f3c3297d96
Message ID: <199501102026.PAA16836@hermes.bwh.harvard.edu>
Reply To: <Pine.3.89.9501101110.A28938-0100000@netcom5>
UTC Datetime: 1995-01-10 20:25:13 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 10 Jan 95 12:25:13 PST

Raw message

From: Adam Shostack <adam@bwh.harvard.edu>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 95 12:25:13 PST
To: jamesd@netcom.com (James A. Donald)
Subject: Re: procmail: another question

| On Tue, 10 Jan 1995, Adam Shostack wrote:
| > 	Procmail is a very versatile, relatively easy to use way of
| > processing mail.
|
| "Relatively easy"  -- Relative to the usual venomous Unix
| user hostile interface that is.   I use procmail, but my
| local Unix guru does not, even though he has a clear need to do so.

	Its got a nasty learning curve; I held off for a long time
before making the leap.  What all mail filters need is better
integration with MUAs, so I can say "This message should have gone
into my cpunks-noise folder, fix the rules." Of course, doing that
really well is not trivial.

	Safe-tcl has a shorter learning curve, but I've spend enough
time that I don't want to switch without a payoff.

Adam

						       -Hume

Thread