1995-01-21 - Re: The Remailer Crisis

Header Data

From: eric@remailer.net (Eric Hughes)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 5bc483a54b5ecb7cdd445c74a077065582d2a7519a025b2c124745199242d8f3
Message ID: <199501211648.IAA13338@largo.remailer.net>
Reply To: <v01510103ab46516c92d0@[152.97.12.101]>
UTC Datetime: 1995-01-21 16:48:34 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 21 Jan 95 08:48:34 PST

Raw message

From: eric@remailer.net (Eric Hughes)
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 95 08:48:34 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: The Remailer Crisis

   From: Jaeson.M.Engle@josaiah.sewanee.edu (Rhys Kyraden)

   I thought that it was in Perl. I have tried pulling Unix Perl scripts and
   running them under MacPerl, but it doesn't quite do it. In fact, it usually
   doesn't do anything but spew errors back at you.

Perl has a lot of Unix-ism in it.  The original remailer, which was
really simple and stupid, only used stdin and stdout and pipes, ...
Oops!  Pipes may or not be supported [well] on the Mac platform.

I suspect a port won't be particularly straightforward.

Eric

Thread