1995-01-28 - Re: Shut up already - James Donald does not even exist…

Header Data

From: sdw@lig.net (Stephen D. Williams)
To: craig@passport.ca (Craig Hubley)
Message Hash: 69b3396eca95d33b9e442e48248c0aeb93eb826d268a1df5fecdb5b75847f5b1
Message ID: <m0rXxTV-0009v9C@sdwsys>
Reply To: <m0rY1W7-0002H4C@forged.passport.ca>
UTC Datetime: 1995-01-28 01:39:14 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 27 Jan 95 17:39:14 PST

Raw message

From: sdw@lig.net (Stephen D. Williams)
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 95 17:39:14 PST
To: craig@passport.ca (Craig Hubley)
Subject: Re: Shut up already - James Donald does not even exist...

> James Donald does not exist.  We can stop the flame war now.  Trying to
> be a good net.citizen, I sent "him" e-mail to correct one of "his" line-
> noise-quality opinions quietly (so he might shut up) - has no one else
> tried this?  It bounced, failing to resolve host which does not usually
> happen here if the site is real.  So I submit the following as evidence
> that "he" does not exist:

jamesd@netcom.com is in the header sometimes and doesn't bounce.
Why he has a bogus address he didn't explain adequately.  (This was
in a private exchange in addition to the public one.  I deleted
cypherpunks and he didn't notice for a couple messages until I
pointed it out.  If you want the whole collection...)

> - no living human being could hold such opinions and simultaneously operate
>   his vital organs (i.e. the level of intelligence implied by his "opinions"
>   is even lower than that necessary to support breathing and digestion)

HAHAHAHAHA ROFL!

> - posting pseudonymously to cypherpunks and engaging them in spurious flame
>   argument might seem like fun to someone hostile to the anoynimity agenda
>   and a way of generating a case that "see, anonymous/pseudonymous use of
>   the internet angers even cypherpunks"

Thought of that... Reasonably good if so.  Too far from 1Apr though.

OK, now how about that Pascal vs. C war...  (Ahhhh... I didn't mean it!)

sdw
--
Stephen D. Williams    25Feb1965 VW,OH      sdw@lig.net http://www.lig.net/sdw
Senior Consultant    513-865-9599 FAX/LIG   513.496.5223 OH Page BA Aug94-Feb95

Thread