1995-01-09 - Re: Anonymous payment scheme

Header Data

From: RGRIFFITH@sfasu.edu
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 7de20894451de7c16bdf0e287e49e5da35005e5af37ccc3e2070d9a1780a119d
Message ID: <01HLMZ1MIHOM000TCU@TITAN.SFASU.EDU>
Raw Date: Mon, 9 Jan 95 07:32:20 PST

Raw message

From: RGRIFFITH@sfasu.edu
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 95 07:32:20 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Anonymous payment scheme

>At 09:45 AM 1/3/95 -0800, Hal wrote:
>> ... As I wrote, banks are
>>required to get SS#'s for depositers right now, and I wouldn't expect
>>that to change any time soon.  If anything, the trend appears to be
>>towards more tightening rather than less.  ...
>
>Isn't that only a requirement on interst-bearing, or potentially
>interest-bearing, accounts?
>
>    --Paul J. Ste. Marie
>      pstemari@well.sf.ca.us, pstemari@erinet.com

Yes, but  the account form will have a place for it anyway and the account
opening person will demand it.  My experience a few years ago was that
I had to go to an officer and point out that the account was not interest
bearing and so the SS# was not required in order to get the account
opened without it.

Thread