1995-01-13 - Re: Pgp where?

Header Data

From: ddt@lsd.com (Dave Del Torto)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 9d1fb2066cae43959942e3c86906fe21f87cefcd154bcad0c99e2749519c2863
Message ID: <ab3c722e200210036071@[192.187.167.52]>
Raw Date: Fri, 13 Jan 95 10:24:16 PST

Raw message

From: ddt@lsd.com (Dave Del Torto)
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 95 10:24:16 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Pgp where?

At 6:52 am 1/12/95, kevin.rock@njackn.com wrote:
>I think this is the correct board to put this message on, but since there are
>no messages to read here I might be wrong.  Does anyone know where to locate
>the program (algorithm) Pretty Good Protection (PGP) ?  I've read about it in
>the local newspaper, in Scientific American and in the alternate news message
>area.  It sounds like a good encryption scheme and I would like to explore
>>it's possibilities.  Thanks for any assistance.

Kevin,

FYI, I keep the most recent version of Mike Johnson's excellent guide on
where to find PGP in:

  ftp.netcom.com:/pub/dd/ddt/crypto/crypto_info/where_is_pgp?.txt

This is a plain text file, but (for Mac users) the file:

  ftp.netcom.com:/pub/dd/ddt/crypto/crypto_info/where_is_pgp?.txt.sea.bin

is a self-expanding Mac archive (faster transfer time). There're some other
informational files in that dir, and any cpunks who know of a
quintessential PGP info file is encouraged to let me know so I can post it
there. Remember, this "archive" is oriented toward new PGP users who need
friendly information on why/how/who/where/when etc.

If you're in the US or Canada, you can also find the most up-to-date
version of the MacPGP application in this directory:

  ftp.netcom.com:/pub/dd/ddt/crypto/NOT_FOR_EXPORT

Be sure to read the ReadMe files detailing the export restrictions, since
transfer of this software to a system or machine outside of the US or
Canada is strictly verboten.

Send email to <pgp-questions@lsd.com> if you have further questions.

   dave
 "Civil Liberty Through Simple Cryptography."

Thread