1995-01-23 - Re: Another problem w/Data Havens…

Header Data

From: jRT <jrt@asiaonline.net>
To: Michael Handler <grendel@netaxs.com>
Message Hash: a08696663c3a989142a11a70f24626a8c1d1a7f0121fc3d280ef6710bd4d3b95
Message ID: <Pine.SUN.3.91.950123184039.4882B-100000@asiaonline.net>
Reply To: <Pine.SUN.3.91.950122232148.24135H-100000@unix3.netaxs.com>
UTC Datetime: 1995-01-23 10:42:35 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 23 Jan 95 02:42:35 PST

Raw message

From: jRT <jrt@asiaonline.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 95 02:42:35 PST
To: Michael Handler <grendel@netaxs.com>
Subject: Re: Another problem w/Data Havens...

On Sun, 22 Jan 1995, Michael Handler wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Jan 1995, Jonathan Cooper wrote:
>
> > > 	I could write a procmail recipe and a script in about an hour to
> > > automatically secret-share-split and redistribute the incoming submission.
> >
> >    How would you handle retrieval of the data?
>
> 	Details, details. Just off the top of my head: an encrypted
> database that logs where the pieces were split and sent to. When the

I'd prefer to see a redunancy system here whereby the pieces each contain
a cypher strip of info on the location of the others (not the entire
location listing, that would be too insecure)
Maybe a few locations to store the loations of the segments.

just a thought.

  Computers   Communications   Reduced Rate IDD Service   Innovative Widgets
-Tel-(+852)-2334-8850-----------=j=R=T=----------------Fax-(+852)-2334-3042-

 Help protect the environment -- This message is made from recycled electrons
           Asia On-Line - Asia's Cheapest Internet Access Provider