1995-01-17 - Re: Scientologys Attempts

Header Data

From: Charles Bell <quester@eskimo.com>
To: Hadmut Danisch <danisch@ira.uka.de>
Message Hash: ac26a77f995b95ad339683a71b82f87308f9844b59f025710312760813f0e1ef
Message ID: <Pine.SUN.3.91.950117025818.2086B-100000@eskimo.com>
Reply To: <9501161644.AA06046@elysion.iaks.ira.uka.de>
UTC Datetime: 1995-01-17 11:01:38 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 17 Jan 95 03:01:38 PST

Raw message

From: Charles Bell <quester@eskimo.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 95 03:01:38 PST
To: Hadmut Danisch <danisch@ira.uka.de>
Subject: Re: Scientologys Attempts

On Mon, 16 Jan 1995, Hadmut Danisch wrote:

> I just had a view into the alt.religion.scientology and
> alt.clearing.technology newsgroups. There are some messages
> about a Scientology decision to shut down every internet traffic
> about Scientology. If the messages are true, Scientology sent
> rmgroup Control messages to remove the groups.
>
> The request to stop the remailers seems to come from the
> same people...

After reading the lawyer's threatening letter I tried to check out the
two newsgroups mentioned, and was told they do not exist.  (This is not a
local filter here; Eskimo does not censor newsgroups.)  So have they been
deleted?  If so, by whom and how? What is 'rmgroup' and who has the
authority to remove alt. groups?

Charles Bell

Thread