1995-01-04 - Anonymity and talk.politics.chinal

Header Data

From: “James A. Donald” <jamesd@netcom.com>
To: Cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: b23faab76be329d55dfa22f4f4fa824a0c874c37b77f024178252a9eb2d85a25
Message ID: <Pine.3.89.9501041158.A14363-0100000@netcom10>
Raw Date: Wed, 4 Jan 95 11:13:46 PST

Raw message

From: "James A. Donald" <jamesd@netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 95 11:13:46 PST
To: Cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Anonymity and talk.politics.chinal

Many of the messages in talk.politics.china are anonymous.

They use anon.penet.fi

Many of these messages are in Chinese, not ASCII.

This is an obvious example of legitimate use of anonymity.

In addition this example makes an association in peoples minds
between suppressing anonymity, and discouraging dissent.

We have the right to defend ourselves and our
property, because of the kind of animals that we        James A. Donald
are.  True law derives from this right, not from
the arbitrary power of the omnipotent state.            jamesd@netcom.com

Thread