1995-01-30 - Re: Remailer Specs

Header Data

From: lcottrell@popmail.ucsd.edu (Lance Cottrell)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: b5d58600b1d507cbc71e94e3333256d68a33f0d822a09172c1e03cd81d6a318b
Message ID: <ab5202cf020210040e81@[137.110.24.250]>
Raw Date: Sun, 29 Jan 95 18:46:12 PST

Raw message

From: lcottrell@popmail.ucsd.edu (Lance Cottrell)
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 95 18:46:12 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Remailer Specs

>In article <Pine.SUN.3.91.950128194321.1158A-100000@unix2.netaxs.com>
>grendel@netaxs.com (Michael Handler) writes:
>>On Sat, 28 Jan 1995, Rhys Kyraden wrote:
>>
>>>         Since I have begun the project of writing the Remailer for the Mac,
>>> I suddenly realized that I do not know exactly what is expected of it, and
>>> therefore would like some pointers to the specs of a remailer (I have seen
>>> references to padding and splitting but do not know what this is nor how to
>>> implement it.)
>>
>>       I've started work on a formal remailer standards document that
>>describes just how a Cypherpunk Type I remailer should process messages,
>>with full header descriptions, etc. After I've checked it against the
>>behaviors of all the various Cypherpunk remailer packages (Ghio vs Eric
>>Hollander vs Sameer vs Mixmaster in compatibility mode vs whatever else),
>>I'll post it here for comments.
>
>Cypherpunk Type I?  Ok, what are the other types?  Should there be a
>type specification like there is for RAID, or the Body Armor Threat
>levels?

<SNIP>
>---------------------------------------------------------|
>| #include "std/disclaimer.h"     Michael P. Brininstool |
>| mikepb@freke.lerctr.org      OR      mikepb@netcom.com |
>|---------------------------------------------------------

He spicifies type 1 to differentiate it from what I have been calling type
2,the message format used by mixmaster remailers.

Essay on Mixmaster available on my WWW page.

Lance Cottrell  who does not speak for CASS/UCSD
loki@nately.ucsd.edu
PGP 2.6 key available by finger or server. Encrypted mail welcome.
Home page http://nately.ucsd.edu/~loki/
Check out my essay on the next generation remailer Mixmaster on the WWW page.
For anon remailer info, mail remailer@nately.ucsd.edu Subject: remailer-help

"Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra.  Suddenly
it flips over, pinning you underneath.  At night the ice
weasels come."
                        --Nietzsche

Thread