1995-01-21 - Re: The Remailer Crisis

Header Data

From: mikepb@freke.lerctr.org (Michael P. Brininstool)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: c7e24829dc76311ab120b5d80e52b775d7246249bee5eeba9ba24f08791a309f
Message ID: <1995Jan21.043051.5142@freke.lerctr.org>
Reply To: <FR69yc1w165w@vox.xs4all.nl>
UTC Datetime: 1995-01-21 13:11:27 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 21 Jan 95 05:11:27 PST

Raw message

From: mikepb@freke.lerctr.org (Michael P. Brininstool)
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 95 05:11:27 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: The Remailer Crisis

In article <FR69yc1w165w@vox.xs4all.nl> usura@vox.xs4all.nl (Alex de Joode) writes:
>jalicqui@prairienet.org (Jeff Licquia) writes:
>
>: Would it be better if you didn't have to dedicate your box to Linux, but
>: just ran it every so often when you weren't playing with Codewright?  If you
>: had some store-and-forward mail system (like UUCP or Fido), you wouldn't
>: need to say goodbye to DOS/Windows.
>
>Patrick Oonk <kafka@xs4all.nl> has written a remailer for Waffle,
>(wich is an UUCP system), I use that for vox.xs4ll.nl . Is works
>under DOS.

I wouldn't mind hosting a remailer, but I am two UUCP hops off the net.
Does someone want to give me a San Jose area UUCP account directly to an
internet system?  An MX record holder would be nice.  My current domain
master is in Dallas, so mail to my machine actually goes through 4 UUCP
hops before it gets to me.  I want to get my own domain and get closer to
the net.

| #include "std/disclaimer.h"     Michael P. Brininstool |
| mikepb@freke.lerctr.org      OR      mikepb@netcom.com |

Thread