1995-01-03 - Appolgy to P. Zimmerman

Header Data

From: Syed Yusuf <yusuf921@uidaho.edu>
To: Cypherpunks <cypherpunks@toad.com>
Message Hash: d24299e5e5ebb6031d8200848ae96f1d418cdebd6c640f94e749ddea75079cba
Message ID: <Pine.HPP.3.91.950102211315.15028A-100000@goshawk.csrv.uidaho.edu>
Raw Date: Mon, 2 Jan 95 21:36:57 PST

Raw message

From: Syed Yusuf <yusuf921@uidaho.edu>
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 95 21:36:57 PST
To: Cypherpunks <cypherpunks@toad.com>
Subject: Appolgy to P. Zimmerman

Mr. Zimmerman,
I would like to take this opertunity to publicaly appologize to
Mr Zimmerman (the primary author of PGP).
  In a post to the internet I criticized Mr. Zimmerman for takeing a short
route to legalize PGP short term rather then directly attack Public Key
Partners so-called patent of public encryption.
  I would like appologize, as I have now been presented with the opertunity
for a business venture requiring encryption of data I realize that we
don't all have the legal resourses to be maveriks and challenge
patents. Some of us need encryption now and it's only a matter of time before
PKP's patents fall.

--Syed Yusuf

Thread